Warm up:
10 Kettlebell swings
5 Box jumps

10 minutes of “Cindy”:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

Rest 5 minutes, then complete 4x400m runs with 2 minutes rest between runs.

Gymnastic/Skill:
1 minute of handstand holds

******************

The Cost of CrossFit, Free download from the CrossFit Journal

The misconceptions of CrossFit

Last week, this photo hit the walls of many CrossFitters’ facebook pages…the magazine it was published in wrote an article titled, “The CrossFit 5” with this picture on the front page. It looks harmless enough until you read the red box over the picture – OVERHEAD SQUAT – what????

The funniest comment I saw for this picture said, “Looks like I’ve been doing overhead squats wrong all this time.” hehehehe….

As CrossFit grows, the misconceptions of what people think CrossFit is (vs. what we actually do) will grow as well. And, we can all roll our eyes and chuckle at it, chalking it up to “they just don’t get it”, but what happens when that misconception slaps you right in the face??

True story. Last week, I went to pick up dinner, and I had on a CrossFit Seven t-shirt. The cashier asked me, “Hey, where do you CrossFit at?” Before I could answer, he told me he had been to CF7 and knew Ryan. I found that funny because there are only like 8 Ryans, but I digress…I hadn’t seen him before, so I asked him when he went, assuming it was a morning class. He told me he had been a few Saturdays, but CrossFit was just too expensive. His comment was, “Why would I pay for CrossFit when I can pay $24.99 for 24 HR Fitness, and it’s the same thing?”

What would you say to that? Post thoughts to comments.

Wednesday WOD, April 4, 2012

9 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, April 4, 2012

• April 3, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Oh I don’t know why you would pay especially if you dont enjoy making new friends, enjoy the comrodery built by struggling through the same WOD as the person next to you, or the support given by fellow crossfitters to help you break through that wall and help you finish strong

• April 3, 2012 at 9:26 pm

And don’t forget about the hands down best coaching you can get

• April 3, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I don’t want anyone in the Rooster Elite Class that comes from 24hr Fitness and complains about price – let them go to the 4:15 with the other Ryan’s – Roosters have standards – all be it low standards – hell if they complain about price they will have a fit when they have to pay $5.00 for breakfast at the Daybreak sans tip

I like some of the new programing – I have been at Firebase Apache this week and everybody likes it

• April 4, 2012 at 12:50 am

Hmm…my membership works out to $10 per training session. How much is a personal training session at the globogym? Sure, I’ve given up pedicures & manicures but I think it’s a fair trade (and healthier).

• April 4, 2012 at 6:46 am

Ryan posts Cindy and the entire world comes to the rooster class….LOL.

• April 4, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Come on, this shit is expensive. Lets not pretend it ain’t. Everything about it is $. shoes clothes keeping up with the Crossfiting Jones’.

But life is about choices and priorities.
    1 night at the bar = $40.00
    1 post bar night fat-shit-food stop = $10.00
    x 4 nights a month = 100.00 bucks on being a f*ckhead.

If your goals are to drink until you arent a loser and see how fat you can get in a month (then try to beat that record the following month), well crossfit ain’t for you. Sorry?

Then again if you want to train like Warrior, spit on the floor, hollar obscenities, and post inappropriate shit on blogs (despite numerous warnings from the Queen Bee herself). DADGUMIT! Do I have the place for you.

CF7 “Welcome to Thunderdome”

• April 4, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Apparently this person doesn’t know what Crossfit is all about. I can assure you they are not having the same “Crossfit ” workout at 24 hrs…. May call it that… But we all know what that means!

Huge Rooster class this am… Wow 27 people!! 10 rds Cindy (shut up Daniel!!!!!) and 12:34 less the time on 400m.

• April 4, 2012 at 6:51 pm

13 rds on CIndy
    6:42 on the run. I was cooked after Cindy. Nick smoked the run. Awesome job.

• April 4, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Mainsite was 30 squat clean and jerks for time – 6:37. Was super happy with the time, until I found out I used the wrong weight. Typical Amie moment…..man!!!

I should have know something was wrong because the last time I really killed a workout, I did it in the wrong order on accident. ooopsie 🙂