Schedule for Memorial Day:
Two classes only: 9 am and 10 am

*************************************

As the father of a fallen Marine, I hope Americans will treat this Memorial Day as more than a time for pools to open, for barbecues or for a holiday from work. It should be a solemn day to remember heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice, and also a stark reminder that our country is still at war.” – Tom Manion Wall Street Journal

**************************************

“MURPH”

(First posted on 18 AUG 2005.)

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.

This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he’d named it “Body Armor”. From here on it will be referred to as “Murph” in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Compare to Memorial Day 2011. Post time to comments.

MEMORIAL DAY MURPH 2012

14 thoughts on “MEMORIAL DAY MURPH 2012

• May 23, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Interesting strategy talk at rooster class this morning about “Murph”. Kyle came up with a ridiculous algorithm that actually bends time. Only he can explain it. Last year Pau-Kune drew the “matrix” that defies any sort of rational logic.

I think it would be interesting to see some different strategies and then comment on how they worked or didn’t work after the workout Monday. Good luck to all.

• May 25, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Checking in from the Dubai airport here waiting for my 15-hour flight home. Anyway, I took Marcus Luttrell’s new book, Service, with me to read on the plane. If you enjoyed Lone Survivor, get Service. If you don’t know, Luttrell was with Murph when he was killed, and Lone Survivor tells of the battle in which Murph died.

• May 27, 2012 at 9:24 am

Pictures from CF7 Social: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150869557523964.412123.239277233963&type=3

MURPH is one of my all time favorite WODs. If you’ve not ever done MURPH, I’d highly, highly recommend doing Half-MURPH (800m run, 50 pullups, 100 pushups, 200 squats). Either way, you will get a bit rocked.

I’ve partitioned the reps a number of different ways, but I tend to start with 10 rounds of 10 pullups-20 pushups-30 squats, and when I start to fatigue, change to 5-10-15. The trick is to keep chipping away as you move through the WOD because your body and mind will tell you to stop many times. DO NOT STOP WHEN YOU ARE TIRED. STOP WHEN YOU ARE DONE.

• May 27, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I am going to go at 8am if anyone wants to join me. Let me know.

• May 27, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Looking forward to dedicating this workout to those friends of mine in the Patriot Battalion that made the ultimate sacrfice. Never forgoten.

• May 28, 2012 at 9:31 am

First of all, thank you to all who are currently serving, or have served in the past.
    First time attempting Murph. No fun.
    Full Murph minus the vest: 35:50

• May 28, 2012 at 10:35 am

50:38 Murph – at Crossfit 30A Seaside, FL – felt like I was going to puke starting the second mile

• May 28, 2012 at 10:39 am

First time to do Murph…was dreading it but it was fun!
    38:42 no weight vest.

• May 28, 2012 at 11:52 am

35:10. Even at my age you can make progress. 8 minutes faster than last year.

• May 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm

1/2 murph 24:32. Next year full murph same time

• May 28, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Great energy today for a worthy dedication.
    35:01 rx

• May 28, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Bo, I’m right there with you! I did 12 min better this year. Last year Mem Day. 52:12 RX this year 40:51 RX no vest. Way to go everyone who did this WOD

• May 29, 2012 at 4:39 am

This wod is so far out of my wheelhouse it’s not even funny. I haven’t done it in about four years and today did it 17 min faster than last time – 48:27

• May 29, 2012 at 6:00 am

43:29 no vest. 4 minutes faster than last year. The second run killed me. Added about 3-5 minutes more because I had to walk most of the first lap.