Warm up:
2 rounds of:
100m Run
5 bar Thrusters
10 Push ups
200m Row

Strength:
Front squats 2-2-2-2-2-2-2

3 rounds for time of:

20 Box jumps
15 Handstand push ups
200m Row

Post front squat loads and WOD time to comments.

_____________________________________

Usain Bolt, behind the lens BBC

_____________________________________

Get to know….Angie B.!

How long have you been a crossFiter?
I started crossfit about 5 years ago.

What is your previous sports/ fitness background?
I never participated in sports while in school. I would workout at the local YMCA a couple times a week.
At the age of 36, I had a brain hemorrhage, which effected the left side of my body. My doctor told me I would only get about 75% of my mobility back. I had to learn to walk & use my left arm all over again. Up until about 5 years ago, I used to go to the Y & do the normal lifting and light weight with dumbbells and do the workout classes. Well, this was not making my handicap side any better. It was not until I found a Crossfit Box, at the time was Downtown YMCA Crossfit, Instructed by Kyle Brandt, that I learned that my workout, was actually a Crossfit warm-up!

What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
“ANGIE” of course, I also like “Diane”

Least Favorite WOD?
“Isabel”only because I can not snatch 95lbs, YET. (This is one of my goals)

Fran Time?
7:29, but this was over a year ago…

What athlete(Crossfit or otherwise) do you admire the most & why?
There is not just one athlete I admire. I admire anyone who doesn’t think they can do the workouts, but try’s crossfit and realizes their addicted!

What do you hope to accomplish by doing crossfit?
I have already accomplished what I wanted to by doing crossfit. I have been able to get in the BEST shape of my life!

Every workout is different, and I am sore every day I go home. Since I have been doing crossfit, I have improved tremendously in all areas! I’m addicted! There is only a slight difference in my left side. My first Crossfit competition was in 2010. I knew I would not place, but wanted to compete for the experience. At the time, there was only one masters class. (Over 50). I wasn’t quite there yet, so competed with the younger gals. My first masters competition was at Oktoberfest Obliteration! I got a respectable 2nd place! This was not enough for me, so I competed in the 2011 Crossfit Open for Masters. I was old enough for 50 & older group! In the 2011 Open I came in number 21. Needed to be top 20 to go to “The Games” in CA, but this didn’t stop me. I feel better now than when I was in my 20′s & 30′s. My faith in God has gotten me through this difficult time, and I know He will see me through again!

A True Crossfitter will overcome their weaknesses and prevail!!

Do you train for a specific purpose? (ie. another sport)
I like a challenge, and would like to be able to do all the Crossfit workouts as prescribed. I train because “I Can”! I am blessed to be healthy & want to stay in great shape for as long as I can!

What are your crossfit goals?
My goals are to work on my skills, proper technique, and hopefully be able to make it to the top 20 Masters in my age division in 2013 and make it to Carson, CA. I do not expect to win any medals, but would be AWESOME to go for the experience!

Paleo or Zone?
I try to stick to mostly Paleo- I like my oatmeal in the mornings… Yes, I do cheat a few times a week.

Would you rather do 100 burpees, 100 pull-ups or 100 squats?
Lets see…..probably the 100 squats

What do I do when not at Crossfit?
Usually thinking of what I will be doing for my workout the next day……. Also love to water-ski and wakeboard. We have a pecan orchard in Comanche County, so will work out at the farm to get trees ready for harvest in the fall. (ie. repair waterline, trim trees, spray roundup, mow, fertilize trees). The past couple of years I have been competing in NPC Physique Competitions. Only started competing, as someone told me I would do great and should compete. I was skeptical at first, but decide that I wasn’t getting any younger, so might as well go for it! I would not be able to be in good enough shape to compete if I had not been doing Crossfit!

Lifting Shoes or Vibram Five Fingers?
I have not used lifting shoes up until now, but just bought a pair of “Reebok” lifting shoes. I’ll let you know how I like them.

What is on your favorite Crossfit T-shirt?
“My Workout is Your Warm-up!”

What do you do for warm-up?
I like the warm-up Ryan posts daily. If it were not there, I probably would do some stretching, squats or pull-ups.

What do you do for recovery?
I drink lots of water before & after workout. Drink a protein recovery drink after workout. Sometime use form rollers or bands.

How often do you take rest days?
I only used to take off on Sunday & maybe one day during the week. Now, I take 2 days off during the week & Sunday.

What is the best piece of advice you would give a new Crossfitter?
Never say you “can’t” do the workout. Always ” I CAN” (You can always scale)

What Crossfit certs have you been to or hope to?
I do not have any certifications, but would like to get my level 1 Crossfit certification.

If you could have dinner with 3 Crossfit all-stars, who would it be?
There is not just three….All of the coaches at C7 are my all-stars!!! They are my inspiration! They train everyone with the same discipline. Working on technique/skills & modifications if necessary. Always helpful, and explain workouts very thoroughly.

What do you like best about CF7?
CrossFit Seven is like a second family! There are socials to get to know others in the BOX & their significant others. Inhouse competitions are for everyone! Everyone is friendly, welcomes newcomers, helps each other out on workouts. I love the comradery!

Any other information you would like the world to know….

**I really like this quote!

“Your biggest challenge isn’t someone else. Its the ache in your lungs, the burning in your legs and the voice inside you that yells, “I CAN’T” But you do not listen. You just push harder. Then you hear that voice fade away and start to whisper, “I CAN”. That’s the moment you discover that the person you thought you were is not match for the one you really are.”

Tuesday WOD, August 21, 2012

10 thoughts on “Tuesday WOD, August 21, 2012

• August 20, 2012 at 6:33 pm

His the little guy between the Angie’s ?

• August 20, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Who’s the little guy between the Angie’s ?

• August 20, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Looks like Rich Froning

• August 20, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Who is Rich Froning? Is he a competitive exerciser?

• August 21, 2012 at 2:04 am

This wod looks AMAZING!!!!! Greatly anticipating tomorrow (or rather, later today) when I blow through this 😀

• August 21, 2012 at 6:28 am

Front Squats: 245×3/255/265/275/285
    Wod: 10:13 rx’ed

I liked this one!

• August 21, 2012 at 7:12 am

Front squat 125×3, 135x x2 145 x2
    9:07 RX

• August 21, 2012 at 8:40 am

Front Squats @ 225

WOD 8:29

• August 21, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Today’s wod for me could be titled “the pride before the fall” ouch ouch!! I was SMOKING it and then hit the biggest wall EVER on the 3rd round of HSPU (over 8 minutes to get them done!!!!) Final time 17:38!
    I will be redoing this and getting a sub-ten in the near future!!

Squats @ 155#, feeling a little weak today

• August 21, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Squats @ 125#
    WOD – 10:42. Nice work Amy…you’ve been smokin it the last couple days!!!