Warm up:
200m Row
100m Run
10 Squats
5 Walkouts
5 Pull-ups

Strength:
Power Snatch 7×2 (seven sets of 2 reps)

3 rounds for time of:

5 Muscle ups
7 Burpee jump over box jump
40′ Handstand walk

(Subs will be given for muscle ups and handstand walks so don’t let that stop you today!)
Post snatch loads and WOD time to comments.

______________________

The three most important parts to any Olympic lift is STANCE, GRIP and POSITION. Check out these articles from the CF7 vault:

Read up on your footwork! Get your feet to hit the right spot 100% of the time. Remember, it’s just a jump, and a land. If you can jump, which you can, then you can snatch. 🙂

Use the HOOK GRIP and hit your positions. SHOULDERS LEAD, ARMS FOLLOW!

Lastly, FINISH THE PULL!

Have some fun and post thoughts to comments.

Thursday WOD, September 20, 2012

6 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, September 20, 2012

• September 20, 2012 at 7:39 am

Leanfit – 13:20 with 135#. Great WOD!

• September 20, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I’ve been sick this week and haven’t been to the gym since last Thursday – I miss you guys!!! Hope to get back in the next day or two!

I really miss you guys when I get bombarded with CF questions from regular people….last two days have been pretty comical (considering I only had a water bottle that said crossfit on it, which started the entire conversation). One girl said she had been watching the Games, and CrossFit looked like fun, that she wanted to try. She was quick to clarify though that she did not want to look like “those” girls she saw on the Games and proceeded to spend the next five minutes telling me how gross CrossFit girls are…..finally she said, “Oh, but you don’t look like that. I guess I should just be quiet now.” OMG

• September 20, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I forgot the best one! This girl turns to me and asks if I do CrossFit….true story:

Her: You do CrossFIt??
    Me: Yes.
    Her: When you are done with CrossFit, what do you do for cardio?

🙂

• September 20, 2012 at 3:31 pm

That’s great! I always hear girls say they don’t want to look like that. Whatever-I can’t wait to be freakishly strong & look like that! Silly! The girls at crossfit seven are a bunch of bad a’s!

• September 20, 2012 at 7:19 pm

CrossFit girls are gross? I believe the correct term is “nasty.”

• September 20, 2012 at 8:48 pm