Warm up:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push ups
15 Squats

Reps 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:

Handstand Push-ups
Toes to bar
Power cleans (135 lb./95 lb.)

A little advice on this rep scheme – It’s a total of 55 reps of each movement, and it can be deceptive, one of those that looks easy on paper. Mathematically, when you finish round 8, you are almost half way done (27 reps), which means rounds 7 and 6 can be tough and mess with your head a little bit. Just keep reminding yourself you are more than halfway done once you pass round 8 🙂

__________________________

This mom bought her son an iPhone for Christmas, but it came with a contract

Thoughts??
I showed this article to my students Thursday, and it was one of those days where I learned more than I needed to know…..

__________________________

WEEKLY WINS!

Sound off to comments and share your good news of the week!

Friday WOD, January 11, 2013

8 thoughts on “Friday WOD, January 11, 2013

• January 10, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Don’t forget the competition and PALEO POTLUCK are Saturday!

If you have a recipe to share, please email it to me. I will put them all together in a file and send out by email. If you want on the email list, please shoot me an email too! amiet08@gmail.com

• January 11, 2013 at 8:00 am

CF7 peeps- If you are still interested in running the Cowtown 10k with CF7 team, email me or leave your email below if you havent notified me yet. Registration deadline is soon. Everybody and anybody is welcome! kellypoorter@gmail.com

• January 11, 2013 at 9:48 am

WOD – 11:23

Sorry I can’t run. Still working on my foot.

• January 11, 2013 at 11:15 am

WOD – 12:24
    Dang it Brent, I thought we were on the same clock the whole time…had no idea you started a minute behind me! Re-match?!?! Ha!

• January 11, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Jake VS. Handstand push-ups.
    And the winner is…….HSPUs
    15:56 Rx. Rough one for me.
    Slow down Clark!

• January 11, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Jake-

HSPU played a double header today because they came back to beat up on me too :). Didn’t have a fast time, but I win because one year ago I could do zero HSPU. Today I did all 55. Gymnastics is becoming my friend.

• January 12, 2013 at 6:18 am

Went over to Dallas CrossFit Central to do the WOD in memory of my friend Wes.

Partner workout for time and number of movement reps-
    While partner 1 is running an 800m run, partner 2 is performing the following:

Round 1: Cindy
    Round 2: HSPU’s
    Round 3: KB Swings 53#
    Round 4: Man-Makers (30# DB weighted burpee with push-press each rep)

The partners will switch off after completing the 800m run so each partner will run and complete the movements above for each of the respective rounds.

I had a great partner (Chris Colvin) and we finished in 34:26. With reps as follows:
    Cindy – 5+6=11
    HSPU – 26+21=47
    KB Swings – 60+51=111
    Man Makers – 15+13 = 28

Total reps 197

This was a real grinder of a WOD but the night was great, there were about 200 people there and there was even a DJ.

• January 12, 2013 at 9:05 am

“I go to work every day with people smarter than me, who are better at what they do than me. I go to the gym every day and work out with people stronger and faster than me. I spend my spare time with friends and family whose values and quality of character I aspire to reflect. For all of these reasons, I get a little better, every day.” Wes Swank RIP