Warm up:
200m Run
10 Push-ups
5 Pull-ups
5 Squats
5 Hang cleans (bar)
5 Presses (bar)

Strength:
Front squat, 6×3 @ 80% 1RM

For time:
100 Sit-ups
50 Russian twists
50 Pull-ups
50 Walking lunges w/barbell overhead (95 lb./65 lb.)
800m Run
400m Run with medicine ball

Post loads and time to comments.

______________________________

Games The CrossFit Games are AWESOME. And yes, YOU need to go.

Coach Burgener has told me for years how much fun the Games are, but I never really understood until I got there. You can’t really imagine the breadth of how big of an event it is until you go in person; on TV, the focus is on the workouts. At the Games, the workouts are not even the real show. Imagine 150,000 CrossFitters all in one venue, onsite “stores” from every website you’ve bought WOD gear from (the Rogue tent, HOLY COW), and an opportunity to meet athletes from all over the world. It’s an experience that you HAVE to go and be a part of. So start saving your pennies for next year’s Games!!

The best part of the Games for me was getting to spend time with all of my coaching buddies from the Weightlifting Staff! There were 20 of us there, and we had an opportunity to lift together, run around with Coach B, and coach 100 CrossFitters at the CrossFit Experience: Coach B led the group, and all 20 of us were on deck to coach. It was so surreal to get all of us together in one place with so many athletes!

Sports Illustrated described The Games experience much better than I can put into words….read more on CrossFit Games: Community is the center of the competition.

Monday WOD, August 4, 2014

7 thoughts on “Monday WOD, August 4, 2014

• August 4, 2014 at 11:38 am

Hey all. I need a house sitter for the coming semester (asap). Would offer free housing for someone to care for my dog and a cat. Please let me know if you know of someone who might be interested.

• August 4, 2014 at 1:03 pm

This was harder than it looked. Def sucked it up in the 515 class.

SC: 255#
    WOD: 23:27 rx

• August 4, 2014 at 1:12 pm

A couple of people asked me about the Games and how I got to work for Coach B – I’ve known Coach Burgener for six years and have been working for him for the last five on the seminar staff; I also do a lot of admin work for Coach B, as well as the social media and write curriculum for the courses. And if you ever are wondering about the courses, I will tell you not only is the Weightlifting Staff the VERY BEST staff of all of the speciality courses, the Weightlifting course is also the very best one (I’m not at all biased:).

• August 4, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Oh, and if you see videos of Coach B and a blonde girl — that’s not me! That’s his daughter Sage. I get asked that a lot at courses and at the Games, along with how I was related to the Burgeners because we all have the same color of hair, haha!!

• August 4, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Strength: 230#
    WOD 19:23rx

• August 5, 2014 at 11:46 am

FS-235
    WOD-19:36….sucked so awesomely

• August 7, 2014 at 9:24 am

Traveling so limited in hotel gym.

Squats with 2 70# dumbbells

WOD scaled as follows
    100 Sit-ups
    50 Russian twists (20# dumbbell)
    50 Pull-ups